Because if you just need to edit a record you HAVE NOT to upload about 13megs of php script!
We provide less features, of course, but you can have them in just 1 file.
(and little modules in the future)
whats in it?
Ok, features are coming, but for now you can:
- Connect to a database (editing manually the configuration)
- Browse tables
- Browse records
- Order records ASC or DESC for every column
- Insert / Update / Delete records
- Execute SQL queries manually.
This "tool" is for developers and not for production purpouse.
Here's a list of sub-features that we are sure developers will appreciate =)
- phpThinAdmin weight is very low
- no installation, just run it in browser
- internally, it works with customizable functions
- there are plenty of css class declarated and you can theme it by adding a phpthinadmin.css file
we have a creative mind! and right now we are planning some extraordinary modules for phpThinAdmin
- Browse database from gui. not more editing the file manually
- Dump database to file (zip, gzip, cvs)
- Export in PDF format
- XUL interface. to integrate directly into firefox!
- Remote web service. so you can manage your database all from a get request
- ACL over tables. "a permission managment system?? and why this??" read on...
- Easy scaffolding! read phpCake documentation to discover scaffolding.